The Proud Duck

Thoughts on policy, history, faith, baseball when I get around to it, waterfowl, and life in general by a junior attorney who'd much rather have Jonah Goldberg's job. Or possibly Darin Erstad's.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Wednesday, May 07, 2003
 
The Proud Duke of Somerset was a comically arrogant figure, who insisted on formalities (including requiring that his children stand in his presence) to such an extent that he disinherited a daughter who had the temerity to sit down when he dozed off on a sofa one evening. What this has to do with me, I'm not quite sure. My wife refers to me as a "duck," much as Clementine Churchill referred to Sir Winston (in private) as "pig" ( which was apparently meant as an endearment). As to whether I'm comically arrogant -- well, as Aristotle wrote in the Nicomachean Ethics, "it ain't braggin' if it's true."

Anyway, I hereby inaugurate The Proud Duck.
0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment